Scientific activity in Department 4
- Published: Monday, 08 January 2018 15:14
- Written by Temirbek Bobushev
- Hits: 4239
Research activities of Department 4
Strategy of research development of the Department 4 is aimed at:
1) Study of social capital and sustainability of rural communities.
In this context:
1. Research of problems of stability of rural communities against manifestations of natural disasters.
2. Study of the problems of training and capacity building of rural communities for effective implementation of programs on adaptation to climate change at the local level.
3. Study of problems on strengthening the capacity of rural communities for self-organization and the formation of social capital, taking into account national legislation and strengthening the capacity of rural residents.
4. Study of the problems of rural people's access to credit and natural resources for agricultural activities, especially for small farmers, in order to better manage the various risks they face, including climate changes, water shortages, land degradation and natural disasters, to assist and promote the development of agricultural markets;
5. Research on access to reliable and affordable energy services, including renewable and alternative energy sources for sustainable rural development.
6. Analysis of the accessibility of the rural population to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation;
2) Research of the problems of development and management of natural processes and development of scientific recommendations on the practical implementation of scientific research results obtained.
In this context:
1. Development of partnership relations with institutions and organizations for the successful research of the achievements of scientists and specialists studying the problems of sustainable development of the environment,
2. Preparation of proposals for the organization of scientific meetings, seminars, conferences,
3. Participation in the training of scientific personnel,
In the time from 2014 to 2017, four books, 22 scientific articles on the study of the problems of sustainable development and adaptation of rural communities to environmental changes were published.
Employees of Department 4 from 2014 to 2017 participated in 6 conferences, 3 of which are international (China, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan).
Training of staff
Two employees – Ernis Kylichbaev and Ulan Rakhmatov carry out research, including in the framework of their dissertational research.
Research Programme for 2017-2019 - Department 4.
Title: New Approaches to Socio-Economic Assessment of Vulnerability and Adaptive Environmental Management.
The aim of the project is to improve existing methods and develop new approaches for integrated environmental management, taking into account the territorial features of rural communities in mountain areas and the uncertainty of communities in socio-economic and climate change. Attention will be focused on the opportunities and obstacles to the transition to more adaptive environmental management in order to prepare rural communities in mountainous areas for the sustainable use of resources now and in the future.