Department 2 " Climate, Water and Natural Resources "
- Published: Thursday, 25 May 2017 14:22
- Written by Sergei Barkalov
- Hits: 5006
Head of the department: Usubaliev R.A.
The basic areas of research in the department are:
Research methodology: The main methodological area is system approach to the object of research, where a structure of the object is identified. This approach determines a necessity of integrated interdisciplinary research, providing objectivity and precision of results. In this aspect all above mentioned areas of research will be mutually complementary through joint research, exchange of ideas, information and results. The main methods of research are the following:
1. The field methods, which include the measurement of parameters of processes and natural phenomena using modern techniques and devices.
2. Analysis of obtained parameters with the use of modern means of mathematical data processing: statistical analysis and mathematical modeling on the basis of modern computer programs.
3. In spatial-territorial aspect - use of comparative analysis that means to perform inter-regional research to reveal similarities and differences of the objects of research. Utilization of remote sensing data and GIS to solve research problems on above mentioned areas.
Environmental problems and their research will be an integral part of all above mentioned areas of research as an aspect of safety for the human environment. Above mentioned actual scientific problems will be solved through constant thematic work of the department and scientific projects, financed by budgetary and various scientific funds.