National Database of Wildlife of Kyrgyzstan
- Published: Sunday, 16 April 2017 23:55
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 4943
The project is implemented with the support of the European Union FLERMONECA, GIZ and the World Bank on the initiative of the National Wildlife Information Center of Kyrgyzstan.
The objective of this project was to create a wildlife management system in Kyrgyzstan with data storage in the database with access through the web interface.
The following tasks were accomplished within the project:
- Loading data from wildlife observation cards, data control, correcting error and inaccurate data, loading of correct data in the database, logging of the operations performed, upon users’ requests.
- Displaying of spatial data in cartographic windows, selecting view of individual layers and the substrate map, obtaining attributive information about the map objects, panning and zooming.
- Saving reports, maps and other data in a convenient for future use form.
- Providing a ranking access to data system in accordance with the user's level of authority.
- Ensuring data integrity, high performance data operations, and friendly and intuitive user’s interface.
- Providing access to the database: for users via the Internet with a standard browser, for Administrator via direct access through the local network and FTP protocol.
On the basis of the PostgreSQL DBMS, a database consisting of 36 tables was created, and a site for work and access to the database, including spatial data, training of representatives of hunting farms and the Department of Hunting was developed.
The site consists of 7 pages:
- MAIN - contains general information (about the project, about the site, useful links and references)
- MAP is a geospatial web-mapping service that allows viewing various layers related to wild animals and obtaining brief information about the objects depicted on them.
- ANIMALS – contains basic information on wild animals inhabiting Kyrgyzstan, registered by the National Statistical Committee (Figure 3.3.4).
- ORGANIZATIONS - contains information on hunting and nature protection organizations and farms registered in Kyrgyzstan.
- FORMS - the page is designed for data entry and control specialists.
- REPORTS - the page is designed for obtaining various reports.
- REGISTER/USER - contains information about users requesting/possessing access level higher than "Guest / Employee".
The database is available at: http://wildlife.caiag.kg/drupal_wa/